This link collections lists ongoing projects which are related to GRASS GIS
development and usage:
GRASS GIS related Projects
- libgrass: Standalone GRASS
5 I/O Library to directly read/write GRASS Databases. [Outdated!]
Recommended: GRASS/GDAL plugin (here). Example usage: MapServer is able to read GRASS locations
Visit the GRASS/MapServer Demo
- PROJ 4: Projection/datum support
library. It also provides the 'cs2cs' software which reprojects x,y [,z]
coordinate lists including datum transformation.
- GDAL: Geospatial Data
Abstraction Library (raster)
- OGR: OGR Simple Features Library
- GRASS XML pages for
XML (Extensible Markup Language) support
- FreeGIS: Link collection of
Free Software for geographic information processing and
data sources with similiar freedoms.
Stable crossplatform interactive geographic data viewer.
Supports raster (via Gdal), vector and PostGIS data.
Extensible, can do projections (via proj),
manage and query attribute tables.
- QGIS data Viewer:
Supports raster, vector and PostGIS data, GRASS 5.7 support is under development
- Skencil Free Software
drawing tool which also can read xfig format.
There is an add-on to read shape files.
The upcoming 0.7 will directly read Skencil-map-SVG files created by Thuban.
- Xfig: a nice Free Software (map) drawing tool.
GRASS offers v.out.xfig to export vector data in xfig format. Raster data
can be imported as TIFF.
- LX-Viewer (GPL, LX-Viewer
is a program that will allow you to open, view and print DWG or DXF files. Note that LX-Viewer depends on a non-free library.)
- Webmapping: UMN MapServer
- Image processing: OSSIM: Open Source Software Image Map project
- Viewer: OpenEV: OpenEV is a
library, and reference application for viewing and analysing raster
and vector geospatial data.
- Viewer: Vis5D Visualization
- See Vis5D+ page as well
- PostgreSQL DBMS - PostGIS
- (outdated) LTPlus (Line Trace Plus) (Line
digitizer program) - see as well ltplus.org (Note: The status of its license
might still need clarification.)