GRASS News Archive
See also: GRASS in the Press ]
- 15 Jun 2012: GRASS GIS Community Sprint 2012 in Prague - Great achievements
- GRASS GIS Community Sprint 2012 - GRASS Developer and Power User Meeting, 23-28 May 2012, Prague, Czech Republic
- FOSS4G-CEE & Geoinformatics 2012 - FOSS4G-CEE - Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial in Central and Eastern Europe, 21-23 May 2012, Prague, Czech Republic
- FOSS4G-NA 2012 - Conference - Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial in North America, 10-12 April 2012, Washington DC
- 20-22 Mar 2012: FOSSGIS 2012 conference, Dessau, Germany
- 23 Apr 2012: GRASS welcomes three Google Summer of Code 2012 students - from among 22 OSGeo SoC projects
- 19 Feb 2012: GRASS GIS 6.4.2 source code and selected binaries released - New stable GRASS release version 6.4.2 with improvements and stability fixes
- 15-17 Feb 2012: XIII Meeting GRASS and GFOSS -
XIII Meeting degli utenti di lingua Italiana di GRASS e GFOSS, Trieste, Italy
- 12 Jan 2012: GRASS 6.4.2RC3
source code and selected binaries released - Pre-release version with stability fixes
- 15 Nov 2011: GRASS 6.4.2RC2 source code released -
Pre-release version with stability fixes
- 11 Oct 2011: winGRASS 6.4.2RC1 package released -
Pre-release version ready for download
- 10 Oct 2011: GRASS 6.4.2RC1 source code released -
Pre-release version with improvements and stability fixes
- 12-16 Sep 2011: FOSS4G - "the conference" for Open Source Geospatial Software,
Denver, CO, USA
- 17-19 Jun 2011: 1st GRASS and GFOSS Hellenic Users Camp,
Paou Monastery, Pelion, Volos, Greece
- 6-9 Jun 2011: Scientific
Workshop 2011 "Spatial Analysis with GRASS", Wroclaw, Poland
- 30 May 2011: GRASS GIS
Community Sprint 2011 in Prague - A Success!
- 20-25 May 2011: GRASS GIS Community Sprint,
Prague, Czech Republic
- 19-20 May 2011: Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2011 -
International Conference on Free Software and Open Source in Geoinformatics, Prague, Czech Republic
16-20 May 2011: U.S.
NOAA/National Weather Service GRASS GIS Workshop - Ohio River Forecast Center, Wilmington, OH, USA.
9 Mar 2011: CANCELED due to US Federal budget crisis
- 12-13 May 2011: Open software for geodesy and geoinformation science conference,
- 14 Apr 2011: Support
the GRASS GIS Community Sprint 2011: - Donate now!
- 12 Apr 2011: GRASS 6.4.1
source code and selected binaries released -
New stable GRASS release version with improvements and stability fixes
- 17 Mar 2011: GRASS 6.4.1 RC2 source code and selected binaries released -
Second release candidate of stable release 6.4.1 with improvements and stability fixes
- 9-11 Feb 2011: GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting 2011, Trento, Italy -
XII Meeting degli utenti di lingua Italiana di GRASS e FOSS4G, Trento, Italy
- 3 Jan 2011: 6.4.1 RC1 source code and selected binaries released -
First release candidate of stable release 6.4.1 with improvements and stability fixes
- 17 Nov 2010: GIS Day 2010, Warszawa, Poland -
GRASS Lecture and GRASS Workshop, Warszawa, Poland
- 13-16 Sep 2010: XII Annual Scientific GRASS Workshop in Wroclaw "Spatial Analysis with GRASS" -
- 11 Sep 2010: Helena Mitasova Receives Sol Katz Award -
- 6-9 Sep 2010: FOSS4G - "the conference" for Open Source Geospatial Software,
- 3 Sep 2010: 6.4.0 source code and selected binaries released -
The new stable release 6.4.0 is available
- 27 Aug 2010: 6.4.0 RC7 packages for Windows -
Installer is now available for download
- 27 Aug 2010: 6.4.0 RC7 source code and selected binaries released -
Seventh release candidate of stable release 6.4.0 with new stability fixes
- 1-2 May 2010 Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2010 -
Free and Open Source Software in Geoinformatics, Prague, Czech Republic
- 24 Mar 2010: 6.4.0 RC6 packages for Windows and Mac OSX -
Installers are now available for download
- 24 Mar 2010:
GRASS 6.4.0 RC6 source code released - Sixth release candidate of stable release 6.4.0 with new stability fixes
- 11-12 Feb 2010: FOSS4G-IT 2010, Lugano -
XI Meeting degli utenti di lingua Italiana di GRASS e FOSS4G, Lugano, Switzerland
- 21 Jan 2010: Daily
updated winGRASS stand-alone packages available
- 19 Dec 2009: New
winGRASS 6.4.0RCsvn stand-alone package
- 20-23 Oct 2009: FOSS4G 2009 in Sydney -
Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial, Sydney, Australia
- 17 Sep 2009: GRASS 6.4.0 module synopsis published -
A list of all modules with GUI menu locations
- 17-18 Sep 2009: Geoinformatics
FCE CTU 2009 - Free and Open Source Software in Geoinformatics,
Prague, Czech Republic
- 8-10 Jul 2009: OGRS 2009:
International Opensource Geospatial Research Symposium
- 9 Jun 2009: GRASS 6.4.0 RC5 released -
Fifth release candidate of stable release 6.4.0 which includes the new
graphical user interface, native MS-Windows support new functionality
- 24 Apr 2009: GRASS welcomes Google Summer of Code 2009 students from
among 20 OSGeo SoC projects
- 12 Apr 2009: GRASS
6.4.0 RC4 released - Fourth release candidate of stable release 6.4.0
- 24 Mar 2009: OSGeo and Google Summer of Code -
Call for mentors
- 24 Mar 2009: GRASS and Google Summer of Code 2009 -
GRASS SoC Ideas page open
- 17-19 Mar 2009: FOSSGIS 2009, Hannover, Germany
- 25-27 Feb 2009: Xth
Meeting of the Italian GRASS and GFOSS users, Cagliari, Italy
- 26 Jan 2009: GRASS
6.4.0 RC3 released - Third release candidate of stable release 6.4.0
- 12 Jan 2009: GRASS
6.4.0 RC2 released - Second release candidate of stable release 6.4.0
- 23 Dec 2008: GRASS
6.4.0 RC1 released - First release candidate of stable release 6.4.0
which includes the new graphical user interface, native MS-Windows support
new functionality and bugfixes
- 24 Nov 2008: grass.osgeo.org back after
maintenance downtime - For a few days the master site was down for maintenance.
Users were redirected to the mirror sites. The server is now back!
- 29 Sept-3 Oct 2008: FOSS4G 2008
Conference, Cape Town, South Africa
- 18-19 Sep 2008:
Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2008 Conference, Prague, Czech Republic
- 8-9 May 2008: 3°
Workshop Open Source, Free Software e Open Format nei processi di ricerca archeologica, Padua, Italy
- 23 Apr 2008: GRASS
6.3.0 released - Technology preview release which includes a new graphical user
interface and native MS-Windows support
- 22 Apr 2008: OSGeo welcomes 20
Google Summer of Code students - Including 3 GRASS projects
- 1-3 Apr 2008: FOSSGIS 2008,
Albert-Ludwigs-Universit�t, Freiburg, Germany
- 2 April 2008: Google
Summer of Code deadline extended
- 21 March 2008: GRASS
6.3.0RC6 released - Technology preview release candidate 6
- 17 March 2008: OSGeo selected
for Google Summer of Code
- 3-5 March 2008: II Open Source GIS Users Meeting (Spanish FOSS)
- 21-22 Feb 2008: IX Meeting degli Utenti Italiani di GRASS - GFOSS, Perugia, Italy
- 19 Feb 2008: GRASS
6.3.0RC5 released - Technology preview release candidate 5
- 12 Feb 2008: FDO, GDAL and
GRASS GIS graduate OSGeo incubation - Now full OSGeo projects
- 9 Jan 2008: GRASS 6.3.0RC4 released
- Technology preview release candidate 4
- 6 Jan 2008: Quantum GIS 0.9.1 released
- With updated GRASS toolbox
- 20 Dec 2007: OSGeo Journal volume 3 published
- FOSS4G 2007 conference proceedings
- 5 Dec 2007: GRASS Book available
- All new 3rd edition
- 30 Nov 2007: GRASS 6.3.0RC3 released
- Technology preview release candidate 3
- 27 Nov 2007: GRASS 6.2.3 released
- This release fixes several bugs discovered in the 6.2.2 source code
- 20 Nov 2007: GRASS 6.3.0RC2 released
- Technology preview release candidate 2
- 18-21 Nov 2007: European GIS Code Sprint
- European GIS Code Sprint, Merano, Italy
- 24 Oct 2007: GRASS 6.3.0RC1 released
- Technology preview release candidate 1
- 21 Oct 2007: GRASS 6.2.3RC1 released
- Bugfix release candidate
- 24-27 Sep 2007: FOSS4G 2007
- Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) Conference, Victoria, Canada
- 19 Sep 2007: OSGeo Journal Volume 2 Published
- The second volume of the new Journal
- 19 Sep 2007: Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2007
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Geoinformatics, Prague, Czech Republic
- 26 Jul 2007: GRASS 5.4.1 released
- Courtesy release containing several bug fixes for legacy users
- 16 Jul 2007:
GRASS 6.2.2 released - This release fixes several bugs discovered in the 6.2.1 source code
- 29 May 2007:
GRASS 6.2.2RC1 released - Bugfix release candidate
- 15 May 2007:
OSGeo Journal Volume 1 Published - The first volume of the new Journal
- 5-7 March 2007: Open Source GIS Users Meeting, Girona (Spain)
- Open Source GIS Users Meeting, Girona (Spain)
- 14-16 Feb 2007: Italian GRASS and GFOSS Users Meeting
- GRASS and GFOSS Users Meeting, Palermo (Italy)
- 12 Feb 2007:
New GRASS bug and wish tracker - Gforge based
- 10 Feb 2007:
GRASS GIS 6.2.1 winGRASS/Cygwin binaries available - download package
- 28-31 Jan 2007: GIS Ostrava 2007
- GIS Ostrava 2007, Ostrava, Czech Republic.
First meeting of Czech and Slovak users of GRASS and other FOSS4G software
- 20 Dec 2006:
GRASS GIS / OSGeo Newsletter Published - The first combined GRASS-News / OSGeo-News volume is available
- 12 Dec 2006:
GRASS 6.2.1 released - This release fixes several bugs discovered in the 6.2.0 source code
- 6 Dec 2006:
GRASS 6.2.1RC1 released - This release fixes several bugs discovered in the 6.2.0 source code
- 31 Oct 2006:
GRASS 6.2.0 released - The stable version is published: Source code available now, packaged installers
for major platforms are currently being built and will follow shortly
- 24 Oct 2006:
GRASS 6.2.0RC3 released - The last release candidate
- 6 Oct 2006:
GRASS 6.2.0RC2 released - Approaching the final release
- 26 Sep 2006:
GRASS 6.2.0RC1 released - The first release candidate
- 18 Sep 2006: GRASS 6.2.0beta3 released - The last beta version
- 15 Sep 2006:
OSGeo foundation Award - Markus Neteler Wins Sol Katz GFOSS Award
- FOSS4G 2006 - Open Source Geospatial Communities JOINT CONFERENCE
- FOSS4G 2006 - Open Source Geospatial Communities JOINT CONFERENCE - September 12-15 2006, Lausanne, Switzerland.
This conference will unite the MapServer, GRASS, EOGEO, and other Open Source communities at an international venue
- 30 August 2006: GRASS 6.2.0beta2 released (Downloads)
- 28 August 2006: GRASS 6.2.0beta1 released (Downloads)
- 11 August 2006: GRASS 6.1.0 released
- this is a technology preview release: download
- 2 August 2006: GRASS 6.1.0RC1 Source Code released
- 14 July 2006: GRASS 6.1.0beta1 Source Code released
- 4 May 2006: grass.itc.it migrated to new hardware including Web pages, mailing lists and
rsync for tier-1 mirrors
- 12 April 2006: Experimental native winGRASS 6 version integrated with QGIS
- 2 March 2006: New GRASS User map: please add yourself -
the server also provides WMS and WFS capabilities!
- 22 Feb 2006: GRASS GIS 6.0.2 released - bugfix release:
- 8 Feb 2006: OSGeo Foundation site running
- GRASS is proposed as founding member
- 7. Italian GRASS Users Meeting -
February 23-24 2006, Genova, Italy
- 6 January 2006: GRASS GIS 6.0.2RC4 released
- bugfix release: download
- 3 January 2006: GRASS GIS 6.0.2RC2 and GRASS GIS 6.0.2RC3 released - bugfix release
- 29 December 2005: GRASS GIS 6.0.2RC1 released - bugfix release
- 2. German GRASS Users Meeting -
2. GRASS-Anwenderforum SüdWest des GAV e.V., 19 Nov. 2005, Freiburg, Germany
- 22 August 2005: GRASS GIS 6.0.1 released - bugfix release:
- 8 August 2005: GRASS 6.0.1RC2 released - bugfix release:
- 3 August 2005: GRASS 6.0.1RC1 released - bugfix release:
- GRASS Workshop at
OSGIS2005, June 16-18, 2005, USA: It will provide an overview of GRASS
in general and move on to new concepts for version 6.0
- workshop material
- June 2005: GRASS News vol.3 released:
download pdf (1 MB)
- 10 March 2005: GRASS 6.0.0 released:
- 4 February 2005: GRASS 6.0.0beta2 released:
- 31 January 2005: GRASS Poster Contest announced
- 31 January 2005: GRASS-News vol. 2 published
- 12 January 2005: GRASS 6.0.0beta1 released: download - Announcement
- 19 December 2004: GRASS web site improved with PHP based menu support
- 2 December 2004: New volume visualization support added to NVIZ (GRASS 5.7)
- 5 November 2004: GRASS GIS 5.4.0 released:
- Download source code and selected binaries
- 8 Nov 2004: New GRASS Wiki site at GDF Hannover
- 1 October 2004: More GRASS i18N Internationalization efforts (translators welcome)!
- Free and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics: GIS-GRASS User Confer
(Bangkok, Thailand, Sept 12-14, 2004). Read the Proceedings
- 6. Italian GRASS Users Meeting
at University of Rome. 14-15 Aprile 2005 presso la Facolta' di Ingegneria
dell'Universita' "La Sapienza".
- 1. GRASS-Anwendertreffen S�dwest (GAV Germany), Freiburg, 18-19 Feb. 2005
- 20 August 2004: GRASS Newsletter vol. 1 (August 2004) published!
- 17 June 2004: GRASS GIS 5.7.0 released: Announcement
- Download source code and selected binaries
- GRASS Users Survey 2004 (Please take a few minutes to fill out the questionnaire)
- 3 May 2004: New GRASS i18N Internationalization efforts!
- 8 April 2004: New mirror in Canada,
courtesy of the Groupe d'utilisateurs de Linux de l'Universit� Sherbrooke
- 17 March 2004: New mirror
in Turkey, Istanbul Technical University (ITU Department of Geodesy
and Photogrammetry and ITU Informatics Institute
- Open Source GIS Conference and
Second MapServer Users Meeting (Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada,
June 9-11, 2004)
- V Meeting degli
Utenti Italiani di GRASS (Università degli Studi di Padova
- 5/6 Febbraio 2004)
- 15. January 2004: New mirror
in the Philippines, National Centre for Transportation Studies
- 13. December 2003: New mirror in Poland (Cracow)
- 10. December 2003: New Indian mirror site
- Centre for
Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science
- 6 November 2003: GRASS 5.0.3 released in source form
! Binaries coming soon.
- 31 October 2003: New Slovakian
mirror site - Prime Interactive Ltd.
- 14 October 2003: GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 5 - please test!
- 27 August 2003: Online Demonstration
Against Software Patents: The Proposal for a software patent directive,
which will be submitted to the European Parliament for plenary debate
and subsequent decision on September 1st, is giving rise to another wave
of protests. Websites may soon be closed down regularly due to software
patents. Software patents can get you prosecuted for publishing texts
you wrote yourself!
- 8 August 2003: Try GRASS today: Live GRASS in a Live Linux (thanks to Knoppix)
- 29 May 2003: GRASS 5.0.2 binaries for SGI/IRIX arrived
- 8 May 2003: winGRASS 5.0.2 arrived (with XServer support)
- 25 April 2003: winGRASS 5.0.2 arrived (with generic display driver)
- 22 April 2003: New Spanish mirror site - es.sytes.net
- 10 April 2003: GRASS 5.0.2 released:
Download: Source code
| GNU-Linux/x86 binaries
| Release notes
- 26. Feb. 2003: Tutorial for the
experimental GRASS5.1 started, for the current new developments see
GRASS 5.1 pages
- 20 Feb. 2003: The GRASS/R interface
is a standard R package now
- 17 Feb. 2003: New entries on GRASS
Add-Ons: links to GRASS extensions page
- IV Meeting degli
utenti italiani di GRASS, Firenze (Italy), 13-14 Feb. 2003 (new web site)
- 28. Jan. 2003: GRASS 5.0.1 released (minor fixes only)
Download: Source code
| Release notes
- 7 Jan. 2003: New mirror site in U.K. (Field Instruments)
- 7 Jan. 2003: New mirror site in Australia (PlanetMirror)
- 4 Dec. 2002: New mirror site in Romania (University of Bucharest)
- 27 Nov. 2002: Various site cosmetics, GRASS main page changed to index.html
- 15 Nov. 2002: New mirror site in Denmark (Navicon)
- 15 Nov. 2002: MacOSX binaries of
GRASS 5.0.0 arrived
- Conference Proceedings of Open Source Free
Software GIS - GRASS users conference 2002, Trento, Italy, 11-13 September 2002
- 5 September 2002: GRASS 5.0.0 released (press release)
Download: Source code,
- 2. July 2002: Volunteers needed for GRASS documentation: GRASS Documentation Project
- Announcement: Open Source Free
Software GIS - GRASS users conference 2002, Trento, Italy, 11-13 September 2002
- 25. June 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre5 released: Announcement -
code and selected binaries available
- 18. June 2002: New features implemented in GRASS
- 17. June 2002: IRC support - join #grass channel on one of the OPN IRC Servers.
- 11. June 2002: GRASS WIKI running!
A Wiki is a site where everyone can collaborate on the content.
- Announcement: GRASS Schulung (in German language):
GRASS Einführungskurs im Geographischen Institut der
Universität Mainz (15-16 June 2002)
- 28. May 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre4 MacOSX binaries available!
- 27. May 2002: New mirror site: Venezuela
- 13. May 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre4 source code is released! - Announcement
- 7. May 2002: Experimental GRASS binaries on iPAQ/Linux handheld arrived!
- 16. Apr. 2002: New mirror sites: Finland
- 15. Apr. 2002: New Argentina mirror site
- 28. Mar. 2002: New Brazil mirror site
- 16. Mar. 2002: New U.S.A. (ibiblio.org) mirror site
- 15. Mar. 2002: Polish mailing list: follow here
- 27. Feb. 2002: French mailing list online: GRASS en
- 8. February 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre3 binaries for MacOS X arrived!
- 7 February 2002: Check this: GRASS 5.1
started - 3D multilayer, multiattribute, multiformat vectors
- 6 February 2002: Updated: GRASS GIS Add-Ons: links to external packages
- 30 January 2002: New GRASS mirror site in South Africa (Rhodes University)!
- 28 January 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre3 binaries for SUN/Solaris arrived!
- 23 January 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre3 binaries for Linux
and Windows/Cygwin (Xserver version) arrived!
- 16 January 2002: GRASS 5.0.0pre3 source code is released! - Announcement
- 10 January 2002: New GRASS mirror site in Namibia!
Third Italian GRASS users Meeting 2002, to be held in Trieste, January 31 and February 1, 2002
- Happy New Year 2002!
- 26 October 2001: New GRASS mirror site in Turkey (at Prosoft, Ankara)!
- 23 October 2001: GRASS 5.0.0pre2 MacOSX, Linux, CygWin binaries available, see download page!
- 12 October 2001: New GRASS mirror site in France (at the University of Bourgogne)!
- 10 October 2001: New page: GRASS GIS Add-Ons: links to external packages
of the GRASS Anwender-Vereinigung e.V., 8./9. Dezember 2001 in Mainz, Germany
Developers Workshop, 23./24. November 2001, ITC-irst, Trento, Italy
- 18. September 2001: New GRASS mirror site in Belgium (at the University of Antwerp - RUCA)!
- 13. September 2001: GRASS 5.0.0pre2 released!
Source are available, binaries will follow soon
- 6. August 2001: New European GRASS site
up and running at ITC-Irst
(MPA group,Trento, Italy) - site migration from University of Hannover to Trento
- 1. June 2001: GRASS 5.0.0pre1 arrived: News
- precompiled binaries on the way... Linux, Solaris & winGRASS done, see download section!
- 27. April 2001: When to expect GRASS 5.0.0?
- 23. April 2001: New: GRASS
support implemented in gstat. Gstat is a computer program for geostatistical
modelling, prediction and simulation.
- 16. April 2001: New GRASS GIS online forum!
- 11. April 2001: Experimental winGRASS
binaries (GRASS on WindowsNT/2000) arrived!
- 6. April 2001: Formation of German grass user group: GRASS Anwender-Vereinigung e.V, a tax-exempt charity organisation
- 30. March 2001: New winGRASS mailing list to support
GRASS GIS port to MS-Windows
- 21. March 2001: New Croatian Mirror Site
- 6. February 2001: New grassGUI mailing list to
coordinate GRASS user interface development efforts
- 4. February 2001: GRASS 5 beta11 published! Read important announcement on
raster data compression changes (download GRASS at bottom of
this announcement page).
- 2. January 2001: New Slovakian mirror site
- 7. December 2000: GRASS 5 beta 10 published (installation bug fixed)! Read announcement! Proceed here
for free sources and selected binaries
(Linux, Solaris, Irix)
- 6. December 2000: GRASS 5 beta 9 published!
- Second announcement: Second Italian GRASS users meeting Trento, February 1-2 2001
- 19. Nov. 2000: Download GRASS 5 beta8 MacOS X binaries!
(see huge number of downloads at Mac Versiontracker)
- 19. Nov. 2000: New Taiwan mirror site!
- 14. Nov. 2000: GRASS 5 on MacOS X announced! See announcement at MacNN - download from here soon.
- 11. Nov. 2000: Weekly CVS-snapshots available: Get the current GRASS 5 source code in a package
- 1. Nov. 2000: Updated GRASS 5.0 Programmer's Manual. Join the GRASS Development Team!
- 24. Oct. 2000: GRASS will participate in OpenSource Vector Database (OSVecDB) project
- 10. Oct. 2000: OpenEV will learn to display GRASS data
- 8. Sept. 2000: More than 6 GigaBytes downloads per week from this server!
- 26. August 2000: GRASS bridge to OSSIM announced!
- 26. July 2000: GRASS 5 beta 8 published! Proceed here
for free sources and binaries
- 12. July 2000: Opinion poll on english GRASS users book
- 16. June 2000: GRASS tutorial in Korean language!
- 12. May 2000: New mirror site at South Korea (KSIC Ltd.)!
- 20. Apr. 2000: GRASS 5 beta7 released!
- 20. Apr. 2000: Announce: Second Italian GRASS users meeting 2001
- 16. Apr. 2000: New mirror site at METEO Poland
(and "Wroclaws GRASS Users Group")
- 12. Apr. 2000: GRASS 4.3 Irix instructions!
- 11. Apr. 2000: Grid3D - raster volume support
in GRASS 5!
- 28. Feb. 2000: New NVIZ development mailing list!
- 23. Feb. 2000: Visit
and feed our new GRASS FAQ-system!
- 16. Feb. 2000: GRASS 5 beta6 released!
- Feb. 2000: GRASS 5 functionality check
- GRASS GIS released under GNU General Public License!
- Press Release Comments!
- GRASS in CVS repository CVS is
a versioning system to support development and for easy access to source code
- January, 25th 2000: New stats/GRASS mailing
list: Linking GRASS to statistical software
- January, 7th 2000: GRASS on WINDOWS/Cygnus available (experimental)!
NOTE: No graphical output yet (hopefully forthcoming)
- NEW: Please use and update the GRASS Bibliography Database.
A database containing GRASS-related articles
- December, 29th 1999: first localized TclTkGRASS in Russian language
Earlier history (1982--1999) can be found on the
GRASS historical notes page.