[GRASS5] difficulties with r.proj
cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:31:37 -0500
Markus Neteler writes:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 05:52:58PM -0700, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> > I'm guessing you imported your data with r.in.gdal? Recently there
> > have been some changes to fix the problem of not completely defining
> > the region when r.in.gdal creates a new location. You can probably
> > fix it by running g.setproj with the correct parameters. Otherwise,
> > please try the new r.in.gdal in CVS.
> a confirmation: Yes, please use the current CVS version. All
> others may fail.
Thanks for your correct diagnosis. I had indeed created my location
I tried to update to the latest cvs, but I didn't see any
improvement. I updated to the head of the tree using "cvs update -Ad".
Do I actually want to be on a branch instead?
I tried to use g.setproj to fix things but it croaked:
Would you still like to change some of the parameters (y/n) [n] y
Do you want to specify a map datum for this location?(y/n) [n] y
Please specify datum name
Enter 'list' for the list of available datums
Hit RETURN to cancel request
ERROR: invalid input ellipsoid
The significant thing to notice here is that it never printed the
current ellipsoid, nor did it prompt for me to change the ellipsoid.
By manually creating a location and comparing the PROJ_INFO files I
could see that many parameters were missing from the one created by
r.in.gdal. And worse, it had "ellps: clrk66" rather than "ellps:
clark66". I don't know who's fault that was. But after I changed that
manually, I was able to get g.setproj to straighten things out for
So, it looks like g.setproj needs to be fixed to prompt to change the
ellipsoid if the current one is invalid.
Anyway, I'm up and running now, (except for the CVS issue), so thanks
for the help.
USC Information Sciences Institute email@example.com
3811 N. Fairfax Dr. #200, Arlington VA 22203 703-812-3725