[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.1RC1 published
smitch at mac.com
Mon Dec 11 16:45:41 CET 2006
On 8 Dec 2006, at 08:16, Markus Neteler wrote:
> But so far we had zero feedback if 6.2.1RC1 works.
> Especially the gis.m needs a test.
I am travelling, making detailed testing awkward, but so far:
- on MacOS X 10.4.8 (Intel):
- built cleanly
- gis.m starts up fine, displays raster and vector maps as expected,
quick test of thematic maps fine, legends find, sketchy random tests
of running miscellaneous modules fine, random help links OK too
- nviz passes light testing
- on MacOSX Server 10.4.8 (PPC):
- builds fine - no further testing yet
- on Fedora Core 5 (Intel):
- builds fine, gis.m starts up fine, but slow speed of connection
between hotel and lab preventing proper testing of GUI stuff
- on Debian (stable) (Intel):
- still building (old, slow machine)
I could do more targeted testing on the machine I have with me
tonight/tomorrow, but as a mostly command line user, hints as to what
is most useful to test in gis.m would help.
More information about the grass-dev