[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS
mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Dec 18 20:28:58 CET 2006
On 18/12/06 19:59, Michael Barton wrote:
> I just committed new windows-compatible versions of mapprint.tcl and
> Both work on my Mac (meaning I don't think I broke the x11 version). Please
> test for Windows.
I have to leave the office now, and am going on vacation tomorrow. I
hope to find some time to spend with wingrass during vacation, but am
not sure, so if someone else could do some testing, this would be very
With Paul's library tarball and instructions
compilation is beginning to become fairly early.
Here are some additional hints:
- You don't need to get flex from gnuwin32, the msys version available
here works as well:
- For compilation to work, you need to set your path in msys in order to
add the path to the lib/ and bin/ directories of Paul's tarball before
- erase $(MANDIR) $(MANPAGES) from line 13 of man/Makefile, i.e.
default: $(MANDIR) $(MANPAGES)
Otherwise compilation will stop with an error.
- If you get an error such as
cannot open file `/msys/share/bison/m4sugar/m4sugar.m4': No such file or
>> make: *** [y.tab.h] Error 1
you will need to move around the msys bison installation a bit, so that
m4sugar.m4 is available in the indicated path. There must be a more
elegant way to handle this, but I did not take the time to find it.
- After compilation, in addition to Paul's post-installation
instructions, you also might need to include a set GRASS_WISH command in
the grass63.bat file.
- If you want to try a make install, after doing this, you need to copy
dist.*/demolocation to your new grass installation path.
- If startup doesn't work, always retry first after erasing the
The major issues at this point seem to be startup (which is being worked
on) and problems with the dbmi protocols. Glynn hinted at a way this
could be solved
More information about the grass-dev