[GRASS-dev] testing native winGRASS
mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Mar 13 23:12:25 CET 2007
I have finally started going through the GDF GRASS 6.0 manual and test all
commands mentioned there in the current CVS winGRASS. A first round of
results is attached. If the telegraphic style is not clear enough, let me
I will post more as I go along.
And let me try once again: I think it might be good to try to increase the
number of pre-alpha testers, and I think there might be some candidates
among the many that post winGRASS questions on the wingrass mailing list.
Aren't we at the point where we can replace the link to Huidae's binaries
with a link to the current version, clearly indicating that this is
pre-alpha and only to be used by people who want to help us ?
-------------- next part --------------
1) Create location with projection values: location created but mapset (other than PERMANENT) invalid
2) v.out.ogr (GUI) crashes on export of vector file / runs endlessly (or for very long time); on command line v.out.ogr landcover => stops at 73%
3) v.in.ogr: cannot open datasource c:/grassdata/, but c:/grassdata works; topology building output in gui truncated; v.out.ogr landcover -> v.in.ogr lancover fails: 0 features imported
4) r.out.gdal seems to work; but r.out.gdal geotiff, uint16 -> r.in.gdal (very slow !) -> d.rast runs endlessly, without anything showing up in the map display
5) generally, output to gis.m output seems truncated; ex: r.in.gdal ends with "Proceding with import"
6) d.his: Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch [= Wrong syntax for filename, directory name or drive]. -- d.histogram: ERROR running r.stats
7) r.stats crashes gis.m if "one cell per line" option is checked => general problem with output to "Output" window: line buffering ?
8) v.out.ascii bugsites -> v.in.ascii works; but v.in.ascii: progress bar in "Output" stuck at +/- 50%, although module finishes
9) Warning: c:/grass/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/freetypecap: No FreeType definition file
More information about the grass-dev