[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.2 release candidate preparation
michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 8 17:08:22 CEST 2007
The only thing I can think of is if you want to backport the font selection
utility I've added. If so, it should probably be backported as is right now.
Currently, it uses a TclTk file browser to pick a font to use with
GRASS_FONT. I am about to change this to a scrolling list control that will
pick a font from the list generated by d.font -l.
BUT, I don't think this new method will work with the rest of 6.2.2 because
it needs recent updates to the font drivers and Glynn's new mkftcap script.
So 6.2.2 should stick with the file selection approach.
I also went through recently (several weeks back) and added catch clauses to
all open and close statements to make the GUI more robust against crashing.
This affected a large portion of the TclTk modules. I don't know if this was
backported or not.
On 5/8/07 1:57 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> time has passed and we have fixed more problems in GRASS 6.2-CVS:
> I feel that we should get out RC1 this week to avoid further
> delay. The TODO list shows:
> * gis.m: any needed backports??
> -> no idea about this
> * NVIZ: volume problem (test with slovakia3d dataset) bug #4725 (Bob)
> [remove G_warning() from nviz/src/nviz_init.c if tests ok]
> still not fully fixed?? nothing backported yet.
> -> I have backported this fix, it seems to cure the problem
> So, only gis.m remains *in case there is anything to do*.
Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University
More information about the grass-dev